Thursday, August 23, 2012


I am blessed to have several circles of friends and co-journeyers who willingly share their successes and challenges. Each time I experience that gift it is a reminder to me that, although we all need times of solitude and reflection, in the big picture we are not meant to walk alone. I cannot imagine my life without these people in it. As a result, whenever I have those moments of feeling lonely and alone I am aware it is a mindset, not a reality, and can then easily recall the last moment of truly being present with a friend. 

It was in a conversation with one such friend, Debra Vey Voda-Hamilton a lawyer and loving, compassionate, mediator in disputes involving animals, that she reminded me that she had listened to my CD series many times and each time was inspired to take those risks I call for, to have a clear vision, and to create the dream of her choice. We were looking at how far we have come and yet realizing we have only just begun. What a gift that is to realize and to have someone who will lovingly laugh with you while encouraging you to go even further. I wish that for all of us.

Debra talked of my clear vision to find a home on the water, in a small town, with a clear sense of belonging while developing new friendships that call me to become even more. She reminded me of my words that the gift, and task, for all of us is to spend the time needed to create a clear vision, to know exactly what it is that we want, and then to be open to receiving it. Clarity, purpose, and openness to what is to come creates an energy of expectation (not hope) and calls us to make ourselves ready to become that self we are wanting to be in that place we want to be. Energetically, we must first embody our next dream; we must raise our vibration to that level, so that it naturally connects to us. Don’t wait for your dream to show up to grow into it, grow first and your dream will find you, the new you!

Here are some pictures of my latest dream.  The first is looking out the living room window- the second is the first view I have each morning as I wake up, and the third is from the front veranda: Water is visible from each room of the home.

 I am now preparing for the next one. I already envision it and am starting to feel it as my own. What's yours?  How does the new energy feel as you envision it?


3 comments:

  1. I think its difficult to think of yourself and not be interfered with the world who tells you more about what you can't do than what you can do. Women have a hard time embracing their accomplishments. I have accomplished a lot yet I'm always looking for more while not really appreciating where I've been and what I have become. When does this change? I'll be 62 and yet I continue to want more and never feel completely fulfiled. Always concerned with how others view me yet speak as though I don't care how others view me. That is such a contradiction!!! How can you be so brash and yet so sensitive at the same time? Hard to figure out if you are in a place you want to be and figure out where you want to go. Always a struggle, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    Having the belief that it is a struggle continues to make it harder than it needs to be.
    In my experience when you live your life following the longings of your soul, of your inner knowing, not the wants of others, you find that you are living a life that is filled with who you are meant to be.
    Recognizing that this is your journey and you have come in with a particular personal life task and a world task that comes from the wisdom you acquired along the way - you come to see that there is you over here on the right, and way over on the left there is your life, including your friends, children, lovers, career, family, etc. you come to see that they are only the changing venues within which you live your life but they are not you...
    Stop and look at who you could have become at any point along your path, and then see that it is the decisions that you made, the risks that you took, that created the woman you are today. You did it. You alone created this exquisite woman who is there supporting so many others, family, clients and friends. You had many hands supporting you along the way but it was each decision you made that brought you to where you are. Relish your choices, and the risks you took, grateful for the woman you have chosen to become.
    Your brashness is a result of your fear and your belief you need to fight to survive. You are not here because you fight well, you are here because you are meant to be,you are not going anywhere until you complete what you came here to do. Do it in joy and in gratitude to you and the choices you have made knowing Spirit has walked with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dr. Dorothy:
    I needed to read this today. You're right about the decisions that we made along the way, and the risks that we took that created the woman we are today. I believe that I am here to work with terminally ill people and their families to give them information and support for their spiritual lives. There are not enough people doing this in the world. I just need to connect with the right people to help get this happening.

    ReplyDelete