Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Beginnings


This weekend I am heading to a reunion of friends who at one point, in my high school years, were a huge part of my life. They were a group of friends who all "hung out" together before and after school, on weekends, and so on. Some I have been meeting with these past few months and others I haven't seen since high school.  Through the stories I hear that some have followed the path we expected to follow and are still with the partners they had in the early days, others have divorced and remarried and now have the combined families of many children.

When I look at my life along with theirs I become so aware that we are all called to follow our own journey and many times that journey takes us to places we never would have expected. My life looks, and has looked, nothing like what I had expected when I was 17. What I do know, is that with all the losses that were grieved, and all the glorious blessings that have been lived, I never could have anticipated this journey. Because of the lifestyle I have been blessed with and have chosen, I expect more of the same. For each of us, I pray the losses are few and mild and the blessings are shared with many. (Almost sounds like an Irish prayer now doesn't it? Surprises me, and yet not.)

One mild loss of the moment is that this is my last blog posting from this site. I have a glorious new website  http://www.drdorothyct.com and from now on my blogs can be found there at /http://www.drdorothyct.com/blog/  Go exploring and see the wonderful site that has been created,while there please do take the chance to sign up for my newsletter as well.

I wonder how many of you have lives that look the way you anticipated. I would love to hear from you. How many knew at a young age that life would be a continuously changing adventure? How many of you expected it to go as it was predicted by your parents? Are you pleased or displeased with the results of your choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment